Nicki Asmer joined Appleton Reiss on January 8, 2020 as an attorney.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Asmer accepted a position as the Director of Legal Affairs in New York City for a software development company. In 2002, she returned to Florida and began her litigation career, eventually opening the Fernandez Florida Law in 2004 primarily to represent homeowners in distressed properties. At the time, Ms. Asmer also represented clients in commercial litigation matters as well as transactional disputes, real estate closings and title defect issues.
Later, Ms. Asmer transitioned to representing community associations. For almost a decade, community association board members have turned to Ms. Asmer for legal advice relating to a variety of issues faced in their communities. With her vast knowledge and experience, she has assisted board members and managers in all aspects of community association law, including amendment of governing documents, covenant enforcement, contracts, collections and foreclosures and creditor representation in bankruptcy court.
Ms. Asmer is a frequent lecturer for board members and others interested in community association law. She lectures on a variety of topics and provides certification courses to community association managers and board members.
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 2000
- Nova Southeastern University, M.B.A., 2000
- University of Central Florida, B.A. and B.S.,1996
- The Florida Bar, admitted 2000
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- The Florida Bar, Real Estate and Probate Division
- The Florida Bar, Condo and Planned Development Chapter
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Hispanic Bar Association
- Business Managers International (“BMI”), Board of Directors
- Hillsborough County Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Former Title Agent, Attorneys Title Fund
- The American Bar Association
- Certified by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation to provide continuing education classes for Licensed Community Association Managers
HONORS & RECOGNITIONS
- Diamond Level Winner for Legal Services in the Florida Community Association Journal Reader’s Choice Awards (2015)
- Platinum Level Winner for Legal Services in the Florida Community Association Journal Reader’s Choice Awards (2017)
- Voted #1 Community Association Attorney of the Year in Tampa Magazine 2017