Ms. Chapman is a shareholder in the Tampa office of Appleton Reiss. Prior to joining Appleton Reiss, Ms. Chapman was a lawyer with a large state-wide law firm in Florida.
Ms. Chapman represents community associations and other common interest entities managing real property in Florida. Ms. Chapman advises community boards and managers about all aspects of community association law, including covenant enforcement, covenant amendments, contracts, collections and foreclosures. She also counsels associations about the statutory and documentary guidelines for the daily administration of their communities.
In addition to representing community association clientele with routine legal problems, Ms. Chapman zealously represents clients in property damage claims, including insurance claims, sinkhole litigation, premises liability claims and property damage claims. With significant insurance industry experience, Ms. Chapman is exceptionally capable of protecting the interests of property owners, including community associations, with claims against their own insurance companies and others.
- University of Florida, J.D., 1999
- Certified Legal Intern, Office of the State Attorney for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy
- Elected Honor Committee Class Representative
Universityof Florida, B.S. with honors, 1996
- Member, Golden Key National Honor Society
- Member, Concert Band
- The Florida Bar, Admitted 2000
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- The Florida Bar Condominium and Planned Development Law Committee
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers (“HAWL”)
- Junior League of St. Petersburg, 2003 – 2011
- Communications Vice President, Junior League of St. Petersburg, 2008
- 2009 Junior League of Tampa, 2011 – Present